When I was studying, As the hot summer season approaches, students and teachers begin rejoicing inside the expectation of the coming summer vacation trips. At least the sizzling sun brings excellent information for someone! With colleges and schools closed, you’ve got a fantastic possibility to travel along with your own family to an area that has little to do with continuously growing temperature and is loose from many constraints of city existence. Most of us plan for hill station with our households.
Here I have prepared a list of now not-to-miss locations for travellers who haven’t but decided where to move on a summer vacation trip in India with friends or relatives.
1. Kashmir – The Valley of Fun and Adventure, Kashmir is the best place for Summer vacation trips for families. One in a lifetime go to Kashmir not because several sites and magazines tell you to, but you will see the beauty so divine, charming valley & heartwarming hospitality of folks.
- Apharwat Peak(Gulmarg)-Mountains
- Indira Gandhi Tulip garden(Srinagar), Jawaharlal Nehru Botanical garden- garden
- Shankaracharya Hill(Srinagar)- Point of interest
- Gulmarg Gondola- Tramways
- Kheerbhawani temple(Srinagar)- Religious site
- Yourmarg(Srinagar), Zojila Pass- Scenic views
- Dal Lake, Nigeen lake- water bodies
- Betaab Valley, Aru valley- nature & wildlife, valley
Pahalgam & Srinagar have more family attractions to enjoy your summer vacation trips in India.
2. Leh-Ladakh – Family Holiday with a Twist, is very beautiful and incredible place for summer vacation trips in India. I would only recommend a family holiday here to people who can handle moody weather and have older kids. During summer season make it quite and pleasant time to visit.
- Pangong Lake, Tso Moririo Lake – Waterbodies
- Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa – Monument
- Khardung La Pass- Pass to the valley
- Magnetic Hill- A mystery and remarkable place
- Nubra Valley-valley
- Spituk Monastery – Sacred site
- Chanting wildlife sanctuary- wildlife
Whitewater rafting, chadar trek, museum, and many more attractions attract visitor to enjoy summer vacation trip.
3. Manali – A Perfect Family Escape, I think there is no need of explanation about the beautiful place to visit in summer vacation, Manali is the place of natural beauty with white snow which makes it best summer vacation trip for everyone.
- Rohtang Pass- paragliding
- Brighu Lake- camping & water bodies
- Solang valley-0 Adventure, sports camping
- Himalayan national Park – Mountainous scenic
- Manali Sanctuary- Wildlife, park, kids
The perfect setting also makes Manali ideal summer vacation trips for family and honeymoon as well. Tourists explore Hadimba temple, Village, Local culture, Various trek, and pass attracts them.
4. Shimla – The Urban Summer Destination, The reason I would pick Shimla as the fact is climate is bearable in summers for all ages when you are traveling with kids or elders.
- Mall Road – Shopping
- Jakhoo Temple- a sacred site
- Kalka-Shimla Railway- scenic views
- Shimla Heritage, Johhny wax museum- Museum
Church, Army heritage museum, are the best kids friendly attractions in Shimla make the place best summer vacation trips for families in India.
5. Dharamshala – Fun-filled and Awe-aspiring, the place is lofty snow-clad mountains overlook the quiet valley. I enjoyed every bit of my stay in Dharamshala, a calm and beautiful place to allow a perfect summer vacation trip for families.
- Mcleodganj – hill station
- Jwalamukhi Devi Temple: religious site
- Kangra valley – valley
- Naddi Viewpoint- the point of interest
Many churches and spa are also major attractions for tourists. I must recommend putting the place on your bucket list for summer vacation trips.
6. Mussoorie – A utterly refreshing holiday experience, always been the best place to enjoy summer vacation trips for families as well as couples also. Beautiful untouched natural scenic views and falls will give you an awe aspiring memory.
- Kempty falls, Bhatta fall, – Waterfall
- Heritage and art centre- museum
- Company Bagh- Park, family friendly
- Adventure park – Park
- Lambi Dehar Mines- Mines
- Buddhist temple, Nag Devta temple- a religious site
Aquariums and various temples make this place attractive for tourists. Other than these Cloud end a lal tibba is must visit place in Mussoorie.
7. Nainital – family holiday amidst nature’s best. When I was in school, summers mostly used to being best time when my family plan trip every year to make us relief from study stress, and I remember when we went to Nainital, we enjoyed a lot their shopping and scenic views of this beautiful, fantastic place.
- Nainital Lake- water body
- Snow view- viewpoint for view of the Himalayas with ropeway
- Tiffin Top- Views & horse trekking
- Naina Devi temple- religious
- Jama Masjid Mosque- sacred
Apart from this sattal, cave garden, Mall roads, Jim Corbett Gurney house Himalayan view pointy are the major tourist attraction.
8. Ranikhet – A laidback holiday specialist, Ranikhet is quiet and picturesque view for tourists, and it’s approx.. 65 km away from Nainital. You can plan both the places at one time. As it is the calm and quiet place, you will enjoy walking in forests area and feels relish from hectic routine life.
- Kalka temple, Jhula Devi Temple – religious
- Explore the local culture and high views and make your vacation rejuvenate your life.
9. Mahabaleshwar – Incredible family summer escape, once I went there for summer trip the place is also called summer capital of Mumbai and Pune folks, It is now the most popular summer vacation trips for families. The site blessed with greenery and pleasant climate attracts tourists a lot from India as well as foreigners.
- Pratapgarh – Fort
- Elephant’s head point, Parsi Point, Babington point for the elevated area – Scenic views
- Lingmala fall – waterfall
- Hollywood wax museum- Museum
- Mapro garden- garden
Apart from above significant points of interest, there is veena lake, Strawberry, raspberry & mulberry, counted as most popular in Mahabaleshwar.
10. Pachmarhi – A relaxed holiday in the sweltering summers, it is only hill station in Madhya Pradesh offer a natural beauty for tourists. Trekking and scenic views of mountains attract peoples a lot.
- Dhupgarh – Mountain
- Bee fall – waterfalls
- Panch Pandava caves- Ancient caves and garden
- Satpura national park – Park and safari
- Handi Khoh, Sunset point – scenic view with trails
- Apsara Vihar – waterfall
- Gupt Mahadev – cave and religious
The place one can visit with family will never regret of vacation refreshment. Apart from above attraction, you can explore Priyadarshini point, Padmini lake, and boating, a Reechgarh place for more enjoyment in your summer vacation trip.
Well, in summer vacation trips for the family can be exciting, there is not better spend quality time with your loved ones in your family other than these short vacations. Make most of summer vacation trips for families by planning a fantastic escape to any of above and explore the untouched beauty of nature. Pick one from above which are considered as the best places to visit during summer in India. I am sure this summer vacation trip give you lots of lovely memories of a lifetime.