Uttarakhand is a special state in India surely for the blessing nature has bestowed upon it. The marvelous sight of the Himalayas, the lush green forests, makes Uttarakhand a special place in the hearts of the explorers. There are so many things to explore to Uttarakhand. The weather is very good throughout the year. So, if you are looking to plan a trip here then this ultimate travel guide to Uttarakhand will surely facilitate your planning.
How to Travel to Uttarakhand from Delhi
- By Train: It will take around 5 to 7 hours to reach Uttarakhand via train from Delhi. You should plan the station to arrive according to your travel plan.
- By Bus: The distance between Delhi and Uttarakhand is around 373 KM. So, if you are trying to travel via bus then it might take 7 to 8 hours.
- By Flight: The distance between Delhi and Dehradun in Uttarakhand is around 241 KM. It will take around 4 hours for you to reach Uttarakhand via a flight.
The Best Time to Travel to Uttarakhand
You can travel to Uttarakhand throughout the year. As it is situated around the foothills of the Himalayas, the temperature here does not get scorching hot during summer days. In the winter, the weather can get really cold. However, if you intend to see snowfall then you can come in winter because you will find a heavy snowfall at that time.
Where to Stay in Uttarakhand?
Accommodation is one of the most important things when you are traveling. Uttarakhand has some of the best hotels where you can have a terrific accommodation. In this ultimate travel guide to Uttarakhand, let’s see some of those hotels where you can surely look for accommodation.
- Blue Pine Resort
- Aloha On The Ganges
- Corbett River Creek
- Tiger Resort, Jim Corbett
- Kasang Regency Hill Resort
- Samskara and Samsara Homestays
Activities in Uttarakhand
- Trekking: In Uttarakhand, trekking is one of the highly popular activities because of its location on the foothills of the Himalayas. Some of the more popular trekking routes in Uttarakhand are Bedni Bugyal, Har ki Dun, Bedni Bugyal, Deoriatal-Chandrashila, Kedarkantha, and many others.
- Paragliding: If flying in the air like a bird is your dream then paragliding is an activity in Uttarakhand which you must try. Ranikhet and Mukteswar are the two spots which are really famous for paragliding in Uttarakhand.
- Skiing: The adrenaline rush you get when you side through the snow is really unfathomable. You can experience that with skiing at Auli which is one of the best destinations for skiing in India.
- Bungee Jumping: Have you ever thought about how it feels like to against the gravitational force? Well, with bungee jumping, you can experience that. Rishikesh is a famous bungee jumping spot in Uttarakhand. For bungee jumping, you should plan your trip from October to Mid-November and from early March to April.
Places to Visit in Uttarakhand
Now, in this ultimate travel guide to Uttarakhand, let’s talk about the top 5 places you should visit in Uttarakhand. This list will include offbeat and popular destinations. Here is the list:
- Landour: It is an offbeat destination which will give you a peaceful experience. If you are tired of the bustling of Mussoorie then Landour can give you the serenity which might feel like heaven.
- Chamoli: This town has a lot of significance. Here, the famous Chipko movement started. Also, the place has terrific religious significance as it has connections with Hindu mythology.
- Dehradun: It is one of the top 5 places in Uttarakhand. The location of Dehradun is really picturesque and the views from the town will surely mesmerize you.
- Mussoorie: Referred to as the queen of hills, Mussoorie is certainly a place which you will not want to miss when you travel to Uttrakhand.
- Haridwar and Rishikesh: The place is an amazing culmination of spirituality (Haridwar) and adventure (Rishikesh). Therefore, you can have a thrilling spiritual adventure at Haridwar and Rishikesh.
Uttarakhand is a place which can offer you except the ocean. It is the best place for an explorer to explore because there are so many places which are yet to be explored. So, while making the plan for the trip, make sure to follow this ultimate travel guide to Uttarakhand. It will help you immensely while making the trip plan.