The culture of the eastern part of India is quite different from that of the rest of the country. However, its unique culture, natural landscapes, flamboyant festivals, historical monuments, and delicious foods make eastern India a must-visit place. If you are struggling to make out what places, to visit, foods to eat, and hotels to choose during your East India trip then let’s have a discussion on that in this article. Protraveloholic brings you the complete Travel guide to East India tourist places. Witness and travel the East India tourist places without any hassle
Best Places to Visit in East India
one of the best East India tourist places is the capital city of Sikkim, Gangtok is one of those places which can quench your thirst for natural landscapes. The awe-striking view of Mount Kanchenjunga will get embedded in your heart forever. It is one of the most popular places in East India.
Darjeeling, West Bengal
Darjeeling is another hill station situated at the northern part of the state of West Bengal. The view of Mount Kanchenjunga from Tiger Hill makes it is one of the popular East India tourist places. Hence, you have to visit Darjeeling during your East India escapade.
Bodh Gaya, Bihar
Bodh Gaya is one of the major pilgrimage spots for Buddhists situated in Bihar. It is under the Bodhi Tree at Bodh Gaya, Gautama Buddha got enlightened. People from all around the world visit this holy place.
So many people gather in Puri, Odisha to see the Rath Yatra of Jagannath Dev. However, Puri is a popular East India tourist places throughout the year, people come here in numbers to enjoy the beach. Apart, from the Jagannath Temple, the Sun Temple in Konark is also a huge attraction close to Puri.
Delicious Foods to Eat in East India
- Litti Chokha: A popular dish from the state of Bihar, Litti Chokha represents the simplicity of the state and its people. Litti is a dough stuffed with Sattu and then roasted till it gets cooked and Chokha is a mix of eggplant, potato, tomato, and other spices. It is really tasty.
- Macher Jhol: The iconic Bengali dish, Macher Jhol or Fish Curry is really something unforgettable. A plate of boiled rice and Macher Jhol will give you the taste for which your taste buds will crave for. It is the best Food in East India.
- Rasgulla: The tussle between Odisha and West Bengal will go on to determine the original maker of this Channa-Based Sweet but the spongy sweet will give you the taste to savour in your mouth.
- Momos: When you talk about the Food in East India, you have to mention Momos which is a popular dish from Sikkim. This spicy meat or veggie stuffed dumplings are a popular dish all over the country.
Top Hotels for Accommodation in East India
The LaLiT Great Eastern Kolkata
If you want to explore the city of Joy, Kolkata then the best accommodation for your trip would be The LaLiT Great Eastern Kolkata. The luxury amenities will make your stay comfortable here and the nearby metro station will allow you to explore this Mega East India city seamlessly.
- Address: Dalhousie Square 1, 2,3, Old Court House St, Kolkata, West Bengal 700069
- Amenities: Free parking, Outdoor pool, Air conditioning, Fitness centre, Spa, Bar, Restaurant, Airport shuttle
- Tariff: 6,300/- Approx.
MAYFAIR Spa Resort & Casino, Gangtok
MAYFAIR Spa Resort & Casino is one of the best places for your accommodation in Gangtok. It will provide you with every facility you need to make your stay comfortable.
- Address: Lower Samdur Block, Ranipool, Gangtok, Sikkim 737135
- Amenities: Free parking, Indoor and Outdoor pool, Air conditioning, Fitness centre, Spa, Bar, Restaurant,
- Tariff: 10,500/- Approx.
MAYFAIR Heritage, Puri
If you want to relax in a laid back way and enjoy the beach of Puri then MAYFAIR Heritage is the best hotel for your accommodation. The Jagannath Temple is Just 3 km away from this hotel.
- Address: Plot No 122, 124, 125, Chakra Tirtha Rd, Puri, Odisha 752002
- Amenities: Free Wi-Fi, Beach access, Free parking, Outdoor pool, Air conditioning, Fitness centre, Spa, Bar, Restaurant, Airport shuttle
- Tariff: 10,000/- Approx.
East India is truly a magnificent part of the country. Exploring the states of East India will open up a new realm of India in front of you. So, pack your bag and get ready for the East India escapade.