The Month that lies on the blink of summer and spring, March is one of those times in a year when vacation practically starts. With the winter just shedding its coat, misty mornings and pleasant weather throughout the day make for the ideal gateway.
Here are top 10 best places to visit in March in March in India where you can plan your departure to prepare for summers.
Havelock Island, Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Awarded in 2004 the “Best beach in Asia” also known as Radha Nagar Beach.
The blue water of one of the loveliest stretches of sea in Havelock laps the coast, with its rocks, and pastel-colored villages proud of their tradition. Just behind, hills that are often silver with trees raise steeply, which separate Andaman from the other regions islands. (Read story..)
Tourists attractions in Havelock Island
- Scuba Diving
- Sea Walk – Elephant beach best option
- Snorkelling – Elephant beach best option
Ooty, Tamil Nadu
I must recommend visiting Ooty once in a lifetime, if lost world colonial charm is your idea of a dream vacation, look Ooty. The natural beauty and hills, Lakes and mountain views give you a sense of physical touch with beautiful gardens. When here don’t forget to check out favorite spots which I am listing below.
Tourists Attractions in Ooty
- Nilgiri Mountain
- Rose gardeh
- Avalanche Lake
- Botanical Gardens, Rose Garden
- Shooting Point
- Ooty Lake
- Emerald Lake
- National Park and many more.
As soon as the name of Rajasthan comes out, then we recall our great Kings and their beautiful kingdom in our memories. The most popular destination here is Ranthambore national park and Ranthambore Fort. The park is famous for tiger preserve in the country. The earlier name of the fort was ranastambha and associated with a region of Prithviraj Chauhan dynasty. Whenever the name of king comes to my mind all his courage and love story inspired me to share with other readers.
Tourists attractions in Ranthambore:
- Majestic Ranthambore Fort – Must visit for experience old beauty
- SurWal lake
- Jogi Mahal
- National park – Must visit tiger preserve
- Raj Bagh Ruins
- Trinetra Ganesh temple
Whatever I went there, but still Coorg is on my travel bucket list forever. Coorg is often calling a hill station, in the lap of untouched natural beauty. During March to May, the tea and spice plantation start blooming, and the valleys are filled with fragrance, making the place more beautiful for all.
Tourists attractions in Coorg:
- Abbey fall – waterfalls
- Nagarhole National park – Sanctuary
- Raja’s seat – Entertainment
- Golden temple – Religious site
- Iruppu falls – waterfalls
- Mallalli Falls (Somparvat) – waterfalls
- 5 Mount Abu, Rajasthan
Mount Abu Rajasthan
Oh my God! What a beauty of the calm and relaxed place in the desert of Rajasthan. Mount Abu is a pilgrimage& family vacation as well as for couples also. The best place to visit in March In India. The temples were built almost thousands of years ago, which make the area religious spot. March & April is the perfect time to visit the place.
Tourists attractions in Mount Abu:
- Nakki Lake – Waterbodies
- Sunset Point Mount Abu – point of interest
- Dilwara Temples, Guru Shikhar – Historic sites
- Wildlife Sanctuary – Parks
- Achalgarh fort – Historic sites
Hampi, Karnataka – UNESCO World’s heritage site
Hampi is the place where you can lose yourself amongst the bewitching ruins or mesmerized by nature. Millions of years of volcanic movement and erosion have resulted in a beautiful landscape. Visit here and explore main sites will take one or two days, plan for a while. I would love to be there and spend some quality time in shopping and eat local cuisine.
Tourists attractions in Hampi:
- Group of Monuments – Historic sites
- Matanga Hills – Mountain views
- Virupksha temple – religious sites
- Monkey temple – sacred place
- Stepped Park – Point of interest
- Archeological museums – Art museums
Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh
When I was there, I was so stunned and surprised to see the majestic temples and their artifacts. These temples are superb with sensual & exotic cravings. The most beautiful part of the world. The western group of temples boasts of stunning artwork. Khajuraho also knows as the UNESCO world heritage site. Be aware missing out to visit Khajuraho means missing the most beautiful and attractive artwork in India.
Tourists attractions in Khajuraho:
- Kandariya Mahadev temple – Religious site
- Chaturbhuj Temple – Religious site
- Chitragupt Temple – Religious site
- Vaman, Javari, Adinath temples and many more Religious sites.
In Lakshadweep, you are never far from water, and the city’s most beautiful islands offer a charming mix of culture and nature. Although beautiful when seen from the water, this city is also a Choice to explore on foot, particularly
Around island near of Arabian sea.To help you make the most of your visit, here are ideas for
Tourists attractions in Lakshadweep:
- Bangaram Islands – water beauty
- Minicoy Island – water beauty – Add link to Minicoy island
- Agatti Islands – water beauty
- Kavaratti Islands Lagoon – Bodies of water
Mostly famous for cruise and water sports.
The place is always on my Bucket list, Sikkim is the perfect place to visit in March in India for those who want to get away from hectic schedules. Sikkim has various attractions and hidden treasure valleys. With simple to challenging hikes that can be crossed by child and old aged people. March is one entire month to visit the place for its pleasant weather and slightly freezing air.
Tourists attractions in Sikkim:
- Nathula Pass – Point of interest
- Tsomgo Lake – Water s[ports
- Buddha Park – parks
- Yumthung Valley – Hot springs, valleys
- Kanchenjunga Falls – waterfalls
- Banjhakri Falls – waterfalls
- Himalayan Zoological Park – Zoos
Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
Kodaikanal is the city of hills in the state of Tamil Nadu. Also, refer to Princess of Tamil Nadu. The place is remarkably laid back hill station to visit in March in India in the beautiful Palani hills of Western Ghats. Nature walks over green field give you immense pleasure and calmness of life. It is also the best place for honeymooners’ destination and traveller’s paradise. Don’t miss the sparkling waterfalls.
Tourists attractions in Kodaikanal:
- Kodaikanal Lake – Bodies of water
- Coakers Walk- Walking areas
- Pine forest – Forests
- Pillar Rocks- Points of interest
- Bryant Park – Parks
- Lake View Point – Points of interest
- Silent valley viewpoint – Scenic drive
- Guna caves – Caves
I hope above list of top places to visit in March in India help you to find out the right place for you. If these aren’t good enough for you-you can check some others destinations on the website for your future trip plan.