India is full of excitement for travellers. Children specifically find the country a treasure box. Child-friendly holiday destinations in India are available in abundance offering new and adventurous experience. Travelling with kids are one of the most eye-opening trips. There is some places, monuments, cultures & things to do on your vacation. Since the country is vast, we list down the south India tourist places to plan a holiday with kids. Here are some of the top child-friendly holiday destinations in India.
Mattupetty Dam, Munnar: The Hill Station in the Western Ghats, ideal for a family vacation with children. Kids will love to wander around tea plantation and learn about tea extraction process. Also, explore the place enjoying the boating and elephant views.
More activities for children in Munnar:
- Trekking, Paragliding
- Boating – Dam
- Elephant Rides – Dam
- Tea plantation tour
- Museum Visit
- Stay in Treehouse.
- Chinnar – Wildlife Sanctuary
- Salim Ali – Bird Sanctuary
Marina Beach, Chennai; The place nicknamed the gateway to south India, Chennai has the numerous tourist places to visit this summer. Take the kids and enjoy beaches, lakes and many more. The beach is a natural urban beach in the city of Chennai, along the Bay of Bengal. Marina Beach is a significant tourist attraction for all ages. Tasty food stalls and shop are famous near the beach. Kids can enjoy kite flying, pony rides, and other sports at the place.
More activities for children in Chennai:
- Marina Beach for water sports
- Museums – Government Museum, The Birla Planetarium
- Amusement Parks – Chennai Snake Park, Kishkinta Waterpark
Tea & Chocolate Factory, Ooty: Children can’t stay any to chocolate, so the queen of hills in south India is a pleasant and best place to visit in south India. The hill stations not only provide relaxation to parents but a treat for kids also. The Dodabetta Tea Museum & factory attracts kids a lot to explore and understand how chocolates made precisely.
More Activities for Children in Ooty:
- Joyride In Nilgiri Mountain Railways
- Rose Garden – Parks & Garden
- Pykara lake – water body, boating
- Botanical garden – Parks & Garden
- Black Thunder theme park
- Ooty lake – Boating and Horse riding
Nagarhole National Park, Coorg: Best tourist place to visit in south India in summer, the beautiful hill station attract more to your kids to explore natural beauty. It is located in Kodagu district in Karnataka; tiger reserve attracts tourists here a lot to explore the place. Jeep safari and local tours also available you can book a trip and plan accordingly efficiently.
More activities for children in Coorg :
- Raja’s seat – Park with views & musical fountain
- Madikeri Fort – Historic fort with sculpture & museum
- Dubare Elephant Camp – Elephant encounter & rafting
- Kote Betta – Mountain & camping.
Periyar Lake, Thekkady: The best tourist places to visit in India with kids, the area consider for boating, rafting, and many more water activities; kids love a lot to do & also the place is famous for natural spices such as black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger & clove.
More activities for Children in Thekkady:
- Mullaperiyar Dam – Viewpoint
- Thekkady Boating Tours – Periyar lake ( Book your tickets as per your time choice)
- Bamboo Rafting & Hiking – Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Border Hiking – For teenager kids
- Spice Plantation & Elephant rides in Periyar Tiger Park
Promenade Beach, Pondicherry: Pondicherry has relaxed pace, which you will immediately notice once arrive from India’s larger cities. Pondicherry is the best tourist place to visit in India. The Promenade beach is a famous stretch of beachfront in town. War memorial, Le Café, and Duplexi Park are also right places to visit when you are in Promenade Beach. The location is also budget friendly for family trips. Water sports, shopping, to attract tourist to visit this place. I recommend to you must plan this south India tourist place to visit in 2018.
Activities for Children:
- Rock beach – Scenic beach best in evening
- Pondicherry Museum – Museum with ancient bronze sculpture
- Old Light House – Local Icon & 19th Century lighthouse
- Bharathidarshan Museum – for the residence of a literary figure
- Puducherry Science Centre & Planetarium – Indoor Outdoor exhibits
The best part and the most loving memory of the places to visit in south India would be our holding and investing more energy with each different as a gathering. Devoting recreation energy with family and kids is something we miss within our busy booked? Likewise, it was a significant fascinating outing for every one of the children.
For creating sweet and unforgettable memories here, we discussed few best places to visit in South India to plan your family trips. Pack your bags and go for it, do share your experience with us in the comment section so that we prepare more exciting places blogs with you.