India is a country where rains are nothing sort of magical. Though most of the travelers do not consider traveling during rains an ideal perspective, it has its own charm. Here we look at some of the best places to visit in India during the rainy season. This list will surely have an effect on your opinion and will make you want to travel during the glorious rains. There are numerous Monsoon Destination India where you can just relax and enjoy nature along with gentle winds and raindrops enhancing your experience.
Monsoon Destination India
- Coorg: Situated in Karnataka, Coorg is one of the most beautiful monsoon destinations in India. The hill station has some beautiful scenery which looks alluring with the vast areas of coffee plantations. It is an ideal destination for your next vacation in the rains. The Abbey and Jog waterfalls are in full swing during this season, making for a view which you would not want to miss at any cost. There are also numerous forts and pleasing sights to make your trip memorable. You can reach Coorg by road from Bangalore.
- Shillong: Located amidst the clouds, Shillong in Meghalaya is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit during the season of rains in India. The hill town has captivating beauty and looks more beautiful during this season. The place looks alluring with misty clouds, greenery everywhere, and roaring waterfalls in this season. Make sure to pay a visit to the beautiful Elephant Falls and Spread Eagle Falls. The food that you get there is also fascinating and is a must-try. The nearest airport to Shillong is in Guwahati. So you will have to travel via road from Guwahati to Shillong.
- Munnar: This is a paradise located in South India. This hill station is a must-visit during the season of rains. The beautiful hills with vast green tea plantations and the magic of rain are something everyone should cherish. The place is not that crowded and has some beautiful resorts and hotels. Make sure to cherish the divine Kerala cuisine in the place. In order to reach Munnar, you have to take the road from Cochin. The drive from Cochin is extremely beautiful and worth cherishing.
- Uttarakhand: Popularly known as the valley of flowers, Uttarakhand is one of the most beautiful places not only in India but on earth. And rain is the perfect season to visit the place as all the flowers bloom right after it. You can cherish the sight of witnessing around 400 varieties of flowers in their full bloom. You can choose to trek and enjoy the scenic beauty this place has to offer. From high mountains to deep valleys, to gushing gardens, this place has it all. Govindghat is the nearest bus station to this place and is only around 18kms far. You can reach Govindghat from Srinagar or Rishikesh. The nearest airport is Dehradun.
- Udaipur: This place receives some of the lowest rains in India, but enough to make the climate full of love and romance. The city located in the lap of Aravalis Mountain has numerous lakes which are on their full flow during this season. It is one of the most romantic destinations in India and an absolute tourist favorite. You can visit the historical palaces, or the scenic lakes to get the feel of the city. Make sure that you do not miss the amazing Rajasthani cuisine in the city. Udaipur is well connected to the rest of the part of the country and is accessible by air, road, and rail.
- Alleppey: Another spectacular destination to visit in Kerala, Alleppey is nothing sort of divine. The rain makes the place look even more beautiful. There are numerous lakes, rivers, and canals in the place which can just enhance your experience significantly. The weather is soothing and free of dust making it an ideal destination during rains. The cool weather allows the body to recuperate in bliss. This place is perfect Monsoon Destination India and extremely well connected owning its own railway station. Cochin is the closest airport to this place and is located at a distance of 75 km.