Summertime in India can get very, very hot. So, most people look to plan vacation during the summer in places that will provide a soothing experience. Also, travelling during the Summer Holidays in 2020 is something that every family looks to do. Therefore, if you are planning for a summer holiday this year, then these are some of the destinations where you can travel.
The snowy ranges and verdant mountains make Manali one of the best Summer Holiday Places in India to travel with friends or family.
- Places to Visit in Manali: Solang Valley, Kullu, Hidimba Devi Temple, Manu Temple, Manali Sanctuary, Museum of Himachal Culture & Folk Art
- Things to Do in Manali: paragliding, quad biking, zorbing
- How to Reach Manali: Bhuntar (Airport, 50 Kms away), Rail (291 Kms away) Delhi to Manali road distance 546 Kms.
- Book Hotel in Manali: The Orchard Greens, The Manali Inn, Holiday Heights & Spa
If you are a biker and love biking on the hilly roads, then you can definitely choose Ladakh which can be a dream summer holiday destination for many.
- Places to Visit in Ladakh: Pangong Tso Lake, Nubra Valley, Khardung-la Pass, Spituk Gompa, Zanskar Valley, Spituk Gompa
- Things to Do in Ladakh: Bike riding, camel riding, experiencing the serenity
- How to Reach Ladakh: Leh Airport (ideal option), Delhi to Ladakh road distance 1300 Kms , Jammu Tawi Railway Station (700 Kms away)
- Book Hotel in Ladakh: The Grand Dragon Ladakh, Adu’s Eternal Comfort, Gomang Boutique Hotel
Nainital can provide you with a soothing experience for your summer holiday trip. It is a beautiful destination that can offer experiences to make your summer vacation memorable.
- Places to Visit in Nainital: Nainital Lake, Tiffin Top, Snow View, G B Pant High Altitude Zoo, Pangot and Kilbury Bird Sanctuary
- Things to Do in Nainital: boating, bird-watching, trekking
- How to Reach Nainital: Pantnagar Airport (60 Kms away), Kathgodam Railway Station (20 Kms), Delhi to Nainital road distance 300 Kms
- Book Hotel in Nainital: Goroomgo Moon Mallital, Himalaya Hotel, Hotel Lakeside Inn Nainital
If you are wondering Where to spend summer vacations in India, then Shimla is one of the best hill stations that you can choose. The natural beauty of Shimla will surely mesmerise you.
- Places to Visit in Shimla: Mall Road, Jakhoo, Christ Church, The Ridge, Lord Hanuman’s Temple
- Things to Do in Shimla: Sightseeing, exploring, long drive
- How to Reach Shimla: Chandigarh Airport (115 Kms away), Kalka Rail Station, Delhi to Shimla road distance 360 Kms
- Book Hotel in Shimla: Hill Top Courtyard, Amarvilla Hotel, Thira Shimla, Treebo Trend Snow View Resort
Auli is one of the coolest places which are also embracing global attraction as a place to visit in India during summers. The greenery of the place is very much soothing to the eyes.
- Places to Visit in Auli: Auli Ropeway, Auli Artificial Lake, Kwani Bugyal, Chenab Lake, Chattrakund
- Things to Do in Auli: Skiing, Camping, Bird Watching, Shopping
- How to Reach Auli: Jolly Grant Airport (280 Kms away), Haridwar rail station (285 Kms away), Delhi to Auli road distance 500 Kms
- Book Hotel in Auli: The Snow City, Mountain Rover, The Sleeping Beauty Hotel, Hotel New Siddharth
When you are searching for a unique destination to travel during Summer Holidays in 2020, Gangtok is surely one of such destinations that will give you an experience of a lifetime. The green valleys and the mesmerising Kanchenjunga backdrop will make your experience a special one.
- Places to Visit in Gangtok: M.G. Marg, Tashi View Point Lal Bazaar, Tsuk La Khang Monastery, Hanuman Tok, Rumtek Monastery, Pemayangtse Monastery
- Things to Do in Gangtok: Cable Ride, Mountain Biking River Rafting, Paragliding
- How to Reach Gangtok: Bagdogra Airport or New Jalpaiguri rail station
- Book Hotel in Gangtok: The Mighty Gardens, Hotel Sikkim Paradise, Hotel Samphel, The Sinol Retreat
Darjeeling is one of the most popular Summer Holiday Places in India. The natural beauty of the place is surely mesmerising and you can definitely choose this place as your summer holiday destination.
- Places to Visit in Darjeeling: Sandakphu, Bhutia Market, Ghum Monastery, Peace Pagoda
- Things to Do in Darjeeling: Toy Train ride, Watch The Sunrise, Explore The Tea Gardens, Explore Wildlife
- How to Reach Darjeeling: Bagdogra Airport or Darjeeling Railway Station
- Book Hotel in Darjeeling: Akshaygriha Homestay, Humro Himalayan Orchid, Hotel Palbheu, Sanderling Residency & Spa
Known as the Scotland of the East, Shillong is probably the most appropriate answer to your query of Where to spend summer vacations in India. It is truly a magnificent place to visit during summer.
- Places to Visit in Shillong: The Umiam Lake, All Saints Cathedral, The Lewduh Market, The Elephant Falls, Mawlynnong
- Things to Do in Shillong: Boating, skiing, water scooter, trekking
- How to Reach Shillong: Shillong Airport or Guwahati Station
- Book Hotel in Shillong: Hotel Elgin PB, White Orchid Guesthouse, Lily Holiday inn, Rockski Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Mahabaleshwar is a wonderful and scenic destination to visit during summer. Whether you visit it with your family or friends, you will have a memorable experience.
- Places to Visit in Mahabaleshwar: Pratapgarh Fort, Venna Lake, Mahabaleshwar Temple, Wilson Point, Babington Point
- Things to Do in Mahabaleshwar: Rock Climbing, Horse Riding, Shopping, Exploring
- How to Reach Mahabaleshwar: Pune Airport, Wathar Rail Station which is 60 Kms away from the town
- Book Hotel in Mahabaleshwar: Evershine Resort, Treebo Trend JP Cottage, Aditya Hill View Inn, C.P. Cottage (Resort)
Lonavala is a very popular and scenic summer destination which is close to Mumbai. You will surely have an enjoyable experience of exploring caves and bungee-jumping here.
- Places to Visit in Lonavala: Kune Falls, Bhaja Caves, Ryewood Park, Aundholi
- Things to Do in Lonavala: Camping, Bungee-Jumping, Exploring, Strolling
- How to Reach Lonavala: Mumbai Airport and Lonavala Station
- Book Hotel in Lonavala: Meritas Adore Resort, Treebo Trend Indralok Inn, Treebo Trend Five Elements, Greenland Delsol Resort
If you want to experience refreshing landscapes during your summer vacation, then choosing Matheran as the place to travel during summer will be the ideal thing to do.
- Places to Visit in Matheran: Dodhani Waterfalls, Chanderi Caves, Charlotte Lake, Louisa Point, Kalavantin Pinnacle Trek
- Things to Do in Matheran: Trekking, Rock Climbing, Watching Sunset, Riding Toy Train
- How to Reach Matheran: Mumbai Airport or Matheran Hill Railway
- Book Hotel in Matheran: Khan’s Park View Resort Matheran, Misty Matheran Resorts, Lords Central Hotel, Lucky Cottage
Coorg is a beautiful hill station in Karnataka that will soothe your senses with its scenic and verdant beauty. The food you will find here will be very, very delicious.
- Places to Visit in Coorg: Golden Temple, Kaveri River, Barapole, Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, Nagarhole National Park, Abbey Falls
- Things to Do in Coorg: Trekking, Food Tour, Coffee Plantation Tour, Camping, Hiking, Wildlife Safari, Bird Watching, Rappelling, Microlight Flying
- How to Reach Coorg: Mangalore Airport (160 Kms away), Mysore Rail Station (95 Kms away)
- Book Hotel in Coorg: Estate Stay – Riverside Coffee, Peaberry-A Nature Boutique Hotel, The Tamara Coorg, Backpackers United Hostel
Frequently Asked Questions About Summer Holidays In India
1.) What are the Ideal Places to Travel during Summer in India with Friends?
Ans. Shillong, Manali, Darjeeling, Wayanad, are some of the places where you can visit with your friends and have a riveting experience.
2.) What are the Best Destinations to Visit during Summer in India with Family?
Ans. If you are wondering Where to Spend Summer Holidays in 2020 with your family, then some of the best places will be Shimla, Manali, Darjeeling, and Sikkim.
3.) Where Should I Travel during My Summer Vacation?
Ans. During the summer vacation, it is important to travel to places that offer cool temperature such as the hill stations. Thus, places like Shimla, Manali, or even Darjeeling become the ideal place for travelling during summertime.
4.) Should I Travel to Goa During Summer?
Ans. Goa has a tropical climate. Therefore, the place can get scorching hot during the summer. So, you may not find Goa that much enjoyable in summer although travelling in a beach destination will be a different experience during summer.
5.) Where Can I Find Snow in India During Summer?
Ans. In India, you have only three places where you can find snow even during summer. Those places are;
1.) Jammu and Kashmir
2.) Himachal Pradesh
6.) Which are the Coolest Places to Visit in India in May?
Ans. Here are some of the coolest places in India during the month of May where you can travel and have an enjoyable experience;
7.) Is It Fine to Visit Shimla and Manali with Family?
Ans. Yes, visiting Shimla and Manali with family is probably one of the ideal things to do during the summer vacation.
Finally, now you probably have the answer to your query of Where to Spend Summer Holidays in 2020. So, make your plans right away to make your summer holidays more special. These are some of the destinations where your summer holidays will become an experience of a lifetime.
Where are you planning to visit in summer 2020, let us know in the comments below & follow us on facebook for more awesome destinations