The land of India is so diverse that wherever you go, you will find something extraordinary to charm your sense. Though it astonishes to the western world how India is sustaining its harmony even after having such a vastly diverse culture, for Indians, this diversity is what unites India. When you go towards the Beautiful South of India, you will found that food, culture, habits, rituals, and weather are mostly different. You could even get a sense of going to a different country altogether if you are visiting this The Beautiful South of India from other parts. But it is India and the southern part of India can also mesmerize you with her gorgeous places and delicious foods. Hence, let’s give you an overview of the South India Tourism with the best places to visit, delicious foods to eat, and top hotels for accommodation.
Best Places to Visit in South India
- Munnar: The tea gardens of Munnar in Kerala will surely fill your South India escapade with romanticism. The lush green view will truly make your heart pump faster. Munnar is also trek-friendly.
- Coorg: Renowned as the ‘Scotland of South India”, Coorg is a hill station in Karnataka which you have to include in the tour packages for South India. Its beautiful waterfalls will mesmerize you.
- Kodaikanal: The lover hill station of Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu is truly marvelous in The Beautiful South of India. The view of Dolphin’s Nose or the serene ambiance in Berjarim Lake or Kodai Lake will surely make your visit here worth it.
- Pondicherry: Puducherry or Pondicherry is an integral part of the South India Tourism. Here, you will find Tamil people speaking French language and the people of French origin speaking Tamil. It is a marvelous coastal destination in the beautiful south of India.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands: One of the most popular points of tourism in South India is definitely Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The coastal region is wonderful to explore. The water activities are something that drives people from all across the globe here.
Delicious Foods to Eat in South India
- Dosa: Without taking a bite of the iconic South Indian food dosa, the South India Tourism will be incomplete. Made with fermented lentils and rice, dosa is stuffed with various types of stuffing. Dosa and chutney is also an inseparable bond.
- Vada and Sambar: Made with lentils, Vada will give you an impression of a brown doughnut with its first look. The Sambar is a soup made with veggies, tamarind, and lots of special spices. South India without Sambar is unimaginable.
- Biryani: If you are a biryani lover then in South India will give you a chance to explore a highly different shade of this popular dish if you are coming from Northern or Eastern part of India. During the course of tourism in South India, you could come face to face with 40 different types of biryanis.
Top Hotels for Accommodation in South India
Le Méridien Kochi
Le Méridien Kochi is a beautiful hotel with you can look for accommodation in your South India tour packages. Situated close to the backwaters of Kerala, this hotel is a special place.
- Address: Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy, Nettoor, Maradu, Kochi, Kerala 682304
- Amenities: Free Wi-Fi, Free parking, Outdoor pool, Air-conditioned, Bar, Restaurant, Fitness centre
- Tariff: 5000/- Approx.
Sterling Ooty Fern Hill
Ooty in Tamil Nadu is a gorgeous destination and if you are planning to visit that part during your South India Tourism then Sterling Ooty Fern Hill is surely one of the best hotels that you can look for accommodation.
- Address: #73, Kundah House Road, Fern Hill, Ooty, Tamil Nadu 643004
- Tariff: 3000/- Approx.
Silent Shores Resort & Spa
Just 7 KM away from Kukkarahalli Lake, Silent Shores Resort & Spa is a beautiful resort where you can relax and enjoy your South India Tourism.
- Address: BEML Road, Plot No. 85-87, Hootagalli, Mysuru, Karnataka 570018
- Amenities: Free breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, Free parking, Outdoor pool, Air-conditioned, Bar, Restaurant, Fitness center
- Tariff: 5500/- Approx.
Finally, this is some of the things that you should do with your South India Tourism plan. It will surely bring out the gorgeous side of the mesmerizing beauty of South India.