The scorching heat of the summer can be very hard to bear at times. You must have thought about escaping to some other place during the summer. As India is a hugely diverse country, you can get various types of places which offer a cool climate during this time. So, if you want to avoid the scorching heat of the summer and want to visit a place that would give you cooler weather then here are the 8 tourist places to visit in India to avoid the scorching summer heat.
Jammu and Kashmir
One cannot talk about 8 top places to visit in India in summer without mentioning the name of Jammu and Kashmir. If you talk about heaven on earth then Jammu and Kashmir is the first name that will come to your mind surely.
- Major Attractions: Alchi Monastery, Spituk Monastery, Hazratbal Shrine, Raghunath Temple, Chemrey Monastery, Kardang Monastery, Pangong Tso
- Top Nearby Hotels: Radisson Blu Hotel, Ginger Katra, The LaLiT Grand Palace Srinagar
Darjeeling is undoubtedly one of the top 8 destinations to visit in India. The dazzling views of Kanchenjunga from Tiger Hill will surely mesmerise you.
- Major Attractions: Batasia Loop, Ghum Monastery, Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, Peace Pagoda, Happy Valley Tea Estate, Tenzing Rock, Japanese Buddhist Temple, Tiger Hill, Batasia Eco Garden
- Top Nearby Hotels: Sinclairs Darjeeling, MAYFAIR Darjeeling, The Elgin, Ramada by Wyndham
The North Eastern town of Pelling is blessed with natural beauty. As it is a lesser known destination, this has to be one of the top 8 best places to visit in India for the first timers.
- Major Attractions: Pemayangtse Monastery, Sanga Choeling Monastery, Khecheopalri Lake, Kanchenjunga Falls, Rabdentse Ruins, Rimbi Water Falls, Rimbi Orange Garden, Phamrong Falls, Kirateshwar Mahadev Temple
- Top Nearby Hotels: Rabdentse Residency Pelling, the Elgin Mount Pandim, Chumbi Mountain Retreat & Spa, The Pelling Resort
Because of the five surrounding hills filled with lush greenery, Panchgani could be your answer to where to go in May.
- Major Attractions: Parsi Point, Table Land, Sydney Point, On Wheelz Amusement Park, Devils Kitchen, Mapro Garden, Devrai Art Village, Rajpuri or Karthik Caves, Kates Point, Pandava Footprints, Harrisons Folly
- Top Nearby Hotels: Ravine Hotel, Mount View Heritage Hotel, Hotel Millennium Park, Mount View Heritage
If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life and have some peaceful and serene time then Coonoor is definitely one of the 8 tourist places to visit in India.
- Major Attractions: Sim’s Park, Droog Fort, Highfield Tea Factory, Dolphin’s Nose Road, Tiger Hill Cemetery, Catherine Water Falls, Doddabetta, High Field Tea Estate, Ralliah Dam, Katary Falls, Green Vally View Point, Wellington Lake, Lamb’s Rock
- Top Nearby Hotels: Gateway Coonoor, Hotel Lakeview, Sunvalley Homestay, Neemrana’s Wallwood Garden
Just 5KMS away from the famous tourist spot of Munnar, Devikulam is surely one of the 8 tourist places to visit in India this summer.
- Major Attractions: Pothamedu View Point, Lockhart Gap Road View Point, Attukad Waterfall Road, Chokramudi Peak, Punarjani Traditional Village, Dream Land Fun and Adventure, Power House Waterfalls, Rhodo Valley, Devikulam Lake, Ripple Waterfalls, Sunset View Point
- Top Nearby Hotels: Clouds Valley, Dream Catcher Plantation Resort, Elysium Gardens Hill
If you want to have a memorable summer vacation then you can choose Ranikhet as the destination because it is one of the 8 top places to visit in India in summer.
- Major Attractions: Mankameshwar Temple, Jhula Devi Temple, Haidakhan Babaji Temple, Golf Ground Ranikhet, Bhalu Dam, Ashiyana Park, Apple Garden, Chaubatia Garden, Swargashram Binsar Mahadev Mandir, Shiv Temple
- Top Nearby Hotels: Hotel Chevron Rosemount, West View, Hotel Ranikhet Grand, Open View Resorts by StayApart
The picturesque Yercaud can be one of the 8 best places to visit in India for the first timers.
- Major Attractions: Kiliyur Falls, Pagoda Point Road, Shevaroy Temple, Shevaroy Hills, Anna Park, Lady’s Seat, Yercaud Lake, Gents Seat, Kurumbapatti Zoological Park, Karadiyoor View Point, Botanical Garden, Manjakuttai View Point, Raja Rajeshwari Temple, Tipperary View Point
- Top Nearby Hotels: Great Trails Yercaud, Grand Palace Hotel and Spa, TGI Star Holiday Resort, GRAND ESTANCIA
The Bottom Line
Finally, these are the 8 tourist places to visit in India to avoid the scorching summer heat or you can find here best 10 holiday destination in India to beat the summer. By selecting any of these places for travel during the summer, you will make your trip special and comfortable. So, if you are still trying to find out where to go in May then these 8 places will be your answer.