Delhi, the national capital, attracts a lot of tourists every year because of some beautiful and unusual places. The place has a myriad of locations ranging from historical monuments to lavish modern shopping centers, from beautiful nurseries to the magnum opus Delhi University. The capital city is enormous, and when it comes to the number of places where one can visit, the options are unending. Often we get confused when it comes to choosing the best place to visit in Delhi, as the amazing city has numerous beautiful places to cherish and enjoy. Some of us like to visit historical sites, and some enjoy the Mother Nature, but Delhi has something to offer to everyone.
The places in Delhi not only not amaze you but also leave you craving for more. New Delhi is a combination of a variety of social, cultural and political aspects. The city is without any doubt grand in its scale. It is one of the most visited and loved places among the travelers. The iconic Chandni Chowk near the Jama Masjid is enjoyed by one and all with visitors from around the world flock the place.
From mouth-watering street food to high-quality shopping malls to historical monuments to cultural venues, the areas in Delhi are for each and everyone.
Below we look at the 50 must-visit sites in Delhi NCR which should be on your bucket list.
- India Gate: The historical place is one of the must visits in Delhi with ancient history and glory associated with
- Hauz Khas: The place is reminiscent to both urban and rural culture with quite a large part in the history.
- Red Fort: Home to the Mughal dynasty and a UNESCO world heritage site, Red Fort is the pride of Delhi.
- Kingdom of Dreams: This is India’s first live entertainment, leisure and theatre place making it a must visit.
- Qutab Minar: Another UNESCO world heritage site with rich historical as well as cultural value the place is beautiful.
- Lotus Temple: One of the most popular attractions among the tourists in Delhi, it has beautiful architecture.
- Chandni Chowk: One of the oldest markets in the country, the place is a must visit for street food lovers.
- Rashtrapati Bhawan: Home to the President of India, the place is magnificent.
- Paranthe Wali Gali: The place is a paradise for parantha lovers with numerous shops lined up in succession.
- Jama Masjid: One of the largest mosques in India, the place was built by Mughal Emperor during Shah Jahan during the 16th
- Hard Rock Café: One of the most vibrant and chilled spots in Delhi, the place is flocked by young population.
- Hauz Khas Social: Considered as one of the best chilling spots in Delhi, the place is a combination of both café and office.
- Sarojini Market: A typical usual shopping place in South Delhi, the place is a paradise for shopping lovers.
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib: One of the most famous worship houses for Sikh religion, the place is famous among tourists.
- Connaught Place: It is one of the most famous financial, commercial, and business spots in India.
- Dilli Haat: With a grand open-air food plaza and craft place, the place is fantastic for tourists.
- Akshardham Temple: One of the most beautiful temples in India, the Akshardham temple is very famous among the tourists.
- Karim’s: The historic restaurant is terrific for food lovers.
- Jantar Mantar: One of the most famous architectural monuments, the place is loved by one and all.
- National Rail Museum: The railway heritage of India, the place is significant in the history of India.
- Kitty Su: One of the most luxurious and styling clubbing places in India, it is a must visit.
- Rose Café: An expensive all-day restaurants with some delicious cuisines it is must visit for food lovers.
- Kunzum Travel café: A beautiful place to meet and share experiences with travelers.
- Khan Chacha: Famous among youngsters for its delicious food, the place is a must visit.
- Tamra – Shangri-La’s: The most elegant, lavish and exquisite restaurant, this is famous for their variety of dishes.
- Farzi Café: Focused on dinner in a gourmet style, the place is a foodie’s.
- Barbeque Nation: If you love the buffet, then this is the ideal place to be for the next meal.
- Murthal: Open 24*7 for tourists, this restaurant is beautiful and has some tasty food.
- Lajpat Market: One and all love the immense collection of different items at low rates, the place.
- Khan Market: Named after Abdul Jabbar Khan, it is a retailer’s hub.
- Paharganj: Located west of the railway station it is a famous neighborhood in the central Delhi.
- The Blue Bar: The beautiful colors of the place make it one of the best and most luxurious bars and lounges in Delhi.
- Club Pangaea: A luxurious dining restaurant with a world-class bar, the place is a beauty.
- Raj Ghat: It is the memorial of the father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi and is an essential part of India’s history.
- Humayun’s Tomb: One of the most majestic historic places in Delhi, it is the tomb of Mughal emperor Humayun.
- Agrasen Ki Baoli: One of the sites under the Archaeological Department of India, the place was also seen in Bollywood film PK.
- Garden of Five Sense: Spread over a land of 20 acres, the Garden of Five Senses is astonishingly beautiful and serene.
- Birla Mandir: Built of white marbles and sandstones, the temple is worshipped by Lord Laxminarayan’s devotees.
- Feroz Shah Kotla Fort: One of the most famous historical figures in the history of India, Feroz Shah Kotla built this magnificent fortress.
- The Tomb of Safdarjung: Made of marbles and sandstone, the 18th century Tomb is a major attraction among tourists.
- Iskcon Temple: One of the most famous shrines in Delhi, the temple is located at Sant Nagar in East Kailash.
- Purana Qila: It is one of the most ancient forts in Delhi, built by Sher Shah Suri.
- Pragati Maidan: Situated in Mathura road, the place is a complex center and exhibition center spread across 150 acres of land.
- Nizamuddin Dargah: The mausoleum is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city.
- Jamali Kamali Mosque and Tomb: Located in the archaeological complex, it is a famous mosque.
- Mehrauli Archaeological Park: Spread on over 200 acres of land, the archaeological place is located close to Qutab Minar.
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Museum: The former residence of Indian Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi has been turned in to a museum and is a must visit.
- National Gallery of Modern Art: A premier art gallery, it is a paradise for art lovers.
- The National Zoological Park: The National Zoological Park, also known as the Delhi Zoo has a plethora of flora and fauna to offer.
- Lodhi gardens: The architectural masterpiece, located between Khan Market and Safdarjung tomb, is a must visit for every tourist.
Go ahead and plan the perfect trip. An ideal trip is considered to be one of the most enjoyable and memorable in places, that promises a lot of fun and memories. Do enjoy your stay in here to create lifetime memories. Make sure you have your DSLR with you.
Please do share your experience with us through a comment below; we would love to share your stories with other travelers.