May is that time of the year when a major portion of this country suffers from the extreme heat. So, it becomes an ideal time to go out for a trip to escape the wrath of the Sun. if you are wondering where to go on this May then, here are the 10 best places to visit in May.
Spiti is definitely one of the top 10 coldest places in India during the month of May.
- The Temperature in May: 18°C to 25°C
- Best Attractions: Lahaul Valley, Komick Village, Dhankar Gompa, Kye Monastery, Chandratal Lake, and Trilokinath Temple
- Major Activities: Trekking, Bike Riding, River Rafting
- Top Nearby Hotels: Hotel Spiti Sarai, Grand Dewachen, and Hotel Spiti Heritage Himalayan Brothers
Bir Billing is certainly one of the 8 top tourist attractions in India which are yet to be explored widely.
- The Temperature in May: 11°C to 25°C
- Best Attractions: Bir Tea Factory, Sherab Ling Monastery, and Chokling Monastery
- Major Activities: paragliding, sightseeing, rappelling, rock climbing, and river crossing
- Top Nearby Hotels: Shivirama, The Sky Village, Connect Hostel, Zostel Bir
Kerala is certainly regarded as the 10 most incredible places to visit in May in India.
- The Temperature in May: 22°C to 35°C
- Best Attractions: Periyar National Park, Kovalam beaches, Bekal Fort, Alleppey, Munnar, Thekkady
- Major Activities: Houseboat ride, Kathakali dance performance, ayurvedic massage
- Top Nearby Hotels: Kochi Marriott Hotel, Taj Malabar Resort & Spa, Taj Bekal Resort & Spa, Le Méridien Kochi
If you visit Mcleodganj then you will not look for places to visit in summer in India.
- The Temperature in May: 22°C to 38°C
- Best Attractions: Tsuglagkhang, Namgyal Monastery, Dal Lake, Church of St. John, Bhagsu Falls, Tibetan Museum, Bhagsu Nag temple
- Major Activities: sightseeing, camping, trekking, hiking, shopping
- Top Nearby Hotels: Citrus Hotel Mcleodganj, Hotel Moonwalk Residency, Udechee Huts, Hotel Snow Retreat
Lansdowne is the most mesmerising and definitely one of the 10 best places to visit in May.
- The Temperature in May: 15°C to 30°C
- Best Attractions: Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple, Tip n Top, St. Mary’s Church, Darwan Singh Museum, War Memorial, and Bhulla Lake
- Major Activities: camping, boating, hiking, trekking
- Top Nearby Hotels: Windsor Cottages, The alpine resort, Camp Advait, Lans Castle: A Boutique Hotel, Hotel Ravine Palace
Kausani is also one of the most popular 10 best places to visit in May in India.
- The Temperature in May: 9°C to 26°C
- Best Attractions: Gandhi Ashram, Rudradhari Falls & Caves, pear farms, tea estates, Baijnath Temple, and Anasakti Ashram
- Major Activities: bird watching, sunrise and sunset watching, trekking
- Top Nearby Hotels: Himvadi Resorts, Suman Royal Resort, Krishna Mountview Mountain Resort, Sumit Hotel
Chail can be regarded as one of the ideal places to visit in summer outside India.
- The Temperature in May: 15°C to 24°C
- Best Attractions: Sidh Baba temple, Palace hotel, Kali temple, and Himalayan Nature Park
- Major Activities: trekking, horse riding, mountain biking, camping
- Top Nearby Hotels: Hotel Grand Sunset, Hotel Ekant Chail, Hotel Chail Residency, Ekant Retreat Resort Chail
Tawang is definitely among the 10 most incredible places to visit in May in India.
- The Temperature in May: 3°C to 18°C
- Best Attractions: Bap Teng Kang, Tawang Monastery, Tawang War Memorial, Gorichen Peak, Sela Pass, and Madhuri Lake
- Major Activities: Skiing, bird watching
- Top Nearby Hotels: Hotel Ugyenling, Tashi Ga Tsel Motel, Monyul Lodge, HOTEL TAWANG HOLIDAY
Shillong is definitely one of the top 10 coldest places in India.
- The Temperature in May: 15°C to 24°C
- Best Attractions: Mawlynnong, Elephant Falls, Umiam Lake, Don Bosco Museum, Shillong Peak, Mawsynram, and Lady Hydari Park
- Major Activities: rappelling, rock climbing, exploring the root bridge
- Top Nearby Hotels: Hotel Polo Towers Shillong, Hotel Lake View Inn, Hotel Centre Point, Hotel Barbareek
Mahabaleshwar is surely one of the 8 top tourist attractions in India during the month of May.
- The Temperature in May: 20°C to 30°C
- Best Attractions: Morarji Castle, Mahabaleshwar Temple, Venna Lake, Mapro Garden, Pratapgad, Lingamala Falls, Tapola, and Elephant’s Head Point
- Major Activities: sunrise and sunset watching, rock climbing, boating, horse riding, biking, trekking
- Top Nearby Hotels: Evershine Keys Prima Resort, Mango Hotels Valley View, Le Méridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa, Hotel Vyankatesh
So, these are the 10 best places to visit in May in India. Once you visit these places, you will find out exactly why they get their sport at this list of 10 best places to visit in May. Each place is unique in its own way and you will just love your time spent in these places. Check also best place to visit near Delhi in summer.