Come and celebrate this new year with protraveloholic, With the New Year just around the corner, the festive mode is in full flow. The best way to start the New Year for travel lovers is to explore. India is a huge country and there are plenty of things that could be explored.
By keeping this in mind, let’s see the 10 best options you have in India for traveling in January.
Zanskar: Jammu & Kashmir
January is the ideal time to visit the northern part of India as the whole area of Himalayan range is engulfed with the white sheet of ice. Therefore, travelling to Zanskar valley could be a great plan.
- Where to go: Patnitop, Phuktal monastery, DrangDrung glacier
- What to do: Trekking, paragliding, river rafting
Auli in January is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. Here you will get various shades of nature. It is also known as the skiing destination of India.
- Where to go: KwaniBugyal, Trishul peak, Rudraprayag
- What to do: Skiing, trekking, riding a cable
The capital city of India, Delhi is filled with charming places. If you are a history lover then you will love visiting Delhi. Going back to the medieval times and learning about the past could be a great way to start off your New Year.
- Where to go: AkshardhamMandir, Jama Masjid, Lotus temple
- What to do: the Republic Day parade, Sarojini Nagar, Mughlai delicacies
- Review: 4/5
The pink city of India is one of the most popular places to visit for travellers during the month of January. The charm of the city goes to a whole new level at the start of the year.
- Where to go: HawaMahal, Amer Fort religious, Jantar Mantar
- What to do: Bikaner camel fair, Kumbhalgarh festival
Kutch can be an exciting place to visit in January. Apart from the white sands in the desert, there are many forts and building that you can visit here which have historical relevance.
- Where to go: Rann of Kutch, Kachchh Museum, AainaMahal
- What to do: Attend RannUtsav, International kite festival, birds walking on the beach
- Review: 4/5
Diu: Daman & Diu
Diu is a fantastic place to visit in January. The beautiful beach and the Portuguese culture will give a kick-start to your New Year.
- Where to go: Nagoa beach, Shell museum, Jalandhar shrine, Diu Fort
- What to do: Bonfire on the beach, camping with friends, attend Festa De Diu
Goa is an ideal place to visit in January. The weather will be fantastic and the whole place will be in a festive mood. Therefore, you can take a dip into the waters of the beach and dance all your stress away in the evening.
- Where to go: Basilica of Bom Jesus, Dudhsagar Falls, Fort Aguada
- What to do: Beach camping, the Naval Aviation Museum, and watch the dolphin drive
The calm backwaters in Kerala will bring some calmness back into your life after the hardcorepartying in the New Year’s Eve. Spending some time in the boathouse will be a special treat for you.
- Where to go: Kolukkumalai Tea Estate, Mattupetty Dam, Lock Heart Gap
- What to do: Boat tours, watch Kathakali dance, leisure cruise on the Periyar
Mamallapuram-Madurai: Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu is the place where natural landscapes meet the historical background. Around this time of the year, Pongal will be held and taking part in it will be a great experience for you.
- Where to go: Meenakshi Temple, Gandhi Museum, Samanar Hills, Shore temple
- What to do: Krishna’s Butterball, go surfing, explore the lighthouse, watch crocodiles
- Review: 4/5
Andaman & Nicobar
Arguably, Andaman and Nicobar are one of the best destinations for you to visit in January. The beautiful beaches and the gorgeous landscapes will make your New Year special.
- Where to go: Radhanagar, Neil, Elephant and Kalapathar beach, Venom Bar, Cellular jail
- What to do: Lip-smacking delicacies, Scuba diving, Snorkeling, the Cellular Jail
Finally, these are some of the 10 best places that you can visit in January in India. Surely you New Year will become special once you visit these places.